Monday, November 29, 2010

The Touch That Gives


In the book of Romans Chapter one, we read "For I long to see you, that I may impart to you some spiritual gift, so that you may be established----"
The impartation of truth is a huge part of Scripture.
One person sharing and giving to another what God has freely given to them.
It isn't magic.
It isn't something mystical....
It is God at work.
Why is it when we humans can't define what it is God is doing, we call it mystical or supernatural?
When God is the one implementing his plans and empowerment among humanity...
it is very natural.
That is God's nature, to give away to those who are seeking him.
Does He not say in Matthew 6:33 "Seek first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness and all these things will be added unto you."
Translated: God will give you all you need from day to day if you live for him and make the kingdom of God your primary concern.

It is my aim, here on this blog to give to you...
To impart to you....
Through words....
What God has given to me.
Understand that I am the least in this equation.
It isn't about me.
IT is about us and God.
I have to find truth for my own life, because society bombards us with false messages everyday.
"Live this way!"
"Buy this and you'll be a better person!"
"Do what feels good!"
All lies from the father of lives, the devil.

SO what is the gift I wish to give today?
Something I read this morning in my Recovery Bible.

At the heart of the gospel is the truth that God is bigger than our past.
In other words, it doesn't matter what you have done in your past,
You are not beyond God's forgiveness and salvation.
There is no pit so deep that God is not deeper.
There is no darkness so strong that God cannot overcome.
There is no life so far gone that God cannot redeem.

God is in the reclamation business.
Reclaiming broken lives and hearts to heal and restore.
Receive this word today and let it resonate in your heart.
I needed to be reminded of this truth.
Sometimes the events and situations that we face can almost overwhelm us and suffocate us.
But God will bring truth that will lift us out of these places of death and bring life to us.
Let that be for you today.
Life.
God life.
Real life.
Oh yeah...
One more thing.....

Merry Christmas!
For unto you this day is born in the city of David, a Savior....Christ the Lord!

God on you....
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...