Saturday, November 20, 2010

'Tween The Veil

Psalm 116:15
The Lord cares deeply when his loved one die.

I got word of her death early Friday morning.
I had known her since first grade. We sat beside each other in Mrs. Moore's class. She lived down the road from me and we rode the bus together until we graduated high school.
Bonnie Chandler Jordan now knows and understands the truth that I claim to believe. What I place my hope in, she now is standing in the presence of.

I went to the funeral home to pay my respects yesterday. It wasn't a sad place, oh there were some tears, but mostly muffled voices and every now and then you could hear some laughter as people were sharing memories. When a believer dies, the funeral home is filled with sweet release. Bonnie had been sick for some time and she and the family had made peace about her condition. When the end came there was, what I refer to as "sweet release." I experienced it with my mother and my father.

Bonnie was smart. As we progressed through school, her aptitude went in one direction, mine in another. Once we entered middle school, we were in different sections and we only saw each other on the bus.

Bonnie and I attended Gallant First Baptist. This was my first church home and I dearly loved the people and the pastor. She and I attended Sunday school together, and her brother, Kenneth, and sister-in-law, Linda, were our training union teachers. Bonnie had taken piano lessons and soon became the church pianist, playing for every occasion and service.

She graduated college with a degree and nursing and spent her life giving and helping others. Even though we had not seen each other for many years, I think I will miss her. Isn't that the way it is? You discover friendship only after a person dies?

I know that I know that her Mother and Father are happy to see Bonnie. For that I am grateful.
I am also eternally grateful that in the scope of history, that God sought to include in His word the very fact that "The Lord deeply cares  when his loved ones dies....."

God on you.....
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...