Monday, December 27, 2010

December 27th


Good morning from the frozen Southern part of the United States.
December 25th...Christmas day brought us snow.
Something that has not happened in the 59 years I've been here on this planet.
IF God were speaking through this event (as he sometimes does)
what would he be saying?
Maybe that purity was the focus of this season.
That "character" really does matter.
I don't know.
I have several friends who have a prophetic leaning in their spirit, maybe they will hear something and share with us.

Reading this morning from Oswald Chambers My Utmost For His Highest.
Jeremiah 4:1-2
If you will return , O Israel, declares the Lord.
Then should you return to Me.
And if you will put away your detested things from My presence, and will not waver,
And you will swear, As the Lord lives, in truth and justice and in righteousness,
then the nations will bless themselves in Him and in Him they will glory.

Returning to God is not an intellectual ascent to knowledge.
It is not even an effort of our human will.
Returning to God is a complete surrender of will.
This action doesn't take place in our behavior.
It takes place in a confrontation between my desires and wants and God's Holy Spirit.
The dark recesses of my heart are suddenly illuminated by God's Holy Spirit and I am made painfully aware of how far away I am from God.
"But I want what I want," I cry out.
God makes no counter offer but for me to surrender.

It is in the sweet surrender of my will that I am truly blessed by God Almighty.
To cast myself upon his grace and mercy, turning my back on myself and the ways of this society to embrace the Kingdom rule of God.
There is the place of peace.
There is the place of rest.
There is the place of mercy.
There is the place of grace.
There is where I want to be.

God on you....
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...