Monday, December 13, 2010

Perfect and Complete

I don't know about you, but I rarely think of myself as being perfect.
In fact the thought is as foreign to me as any that I have.
I see all my mistakes.
I see all my flaws.
I see all my imperfections.
In other words, I see all my mess.
By seeing, I mean remembering. Being put in touch with.
Old memories that come up, and with them come the pain and guilt and shame that is not from God.
Like I said, this is not of God, but of my own nature with  a little help from the devil.
There is a really strange verse in Hebrews.
Chapter 10...Verse 14 and it reads......"for by that one offering he PERFECTED forever all those whom he is making holy."

Strong's Concordance translates the word "perfected" as being complete.
I think the problem comes when I start trying to measure myself by feelings rather than faith.
"I don't feel perfect". Of course I don't, but what is the truth? God has perfected through Jesus Christ.
In a world that seeks perfection through image, by that I mean that if it looks perfect then it is, God is telling us to believe through faith and walk accordingly.
Will I mess up? Sure will.
Will I make mistakes? Bunches.
But that does not stop the way God sees me.Perfect and holy.
Contrary to popular religious belief, the word "forgiveness" is for believers also and not just those who do not know Jesus.

Hebrews 10:21-22
And since we have a great High Priest who rules over God's people, let us go right into the presence of God, with true hearts fully trusting him. For our evil consciences have been sprinkled with Christ's blood to make us clean, and our bodies have been washed with pure water."

So the next time you look in a mirror, do so in faith and see yourself as your Heavenly Father sees you.
Perfect.....
and Holy.....

Merry Christmas from the Bynum/s
God on you.....
mb

1 comment:

Bobby said...

I am thankful that God has made his children perfect in his eyes. But "Forgive us our debts" did not
cease after Jesus left the earth. We still need to ask for forgivness when we sin.

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...