Friday, December 17, 2010

Thank You Lord~

Even though I was sick yesterday and stayed home, God sent a present to me.
A knock on my door revealed a former client of Rapha standing there.
Opening the door, I see a huge smile accompanied by wife and daughter.
"Brother Mike, how are you? I just had to come by and see you. Hope you don't mind."
Keeping them at a safe distance and warning them that I might be contagious, they came in anyway.

He could not stop smiling, as he sat there holding his little baby girl. He began going back over what all had happened to him since leaving Rapha.
1.) Birth of his daughter
2.) He and his wife are working on their relationship and are doing great.
3.) They have their own place to live.
4.) He has a really good job and is working steady.
5.) The man he works for co-signed with them so they could buy a car.
He went on and on, not in a braggadocios manner, but in gratitude for how his life had turned.
As I sat there listening, I was flooded with God's Spirit and I kept saying to myself, "Thank you Lord.....Thank you Lord... You are a marvelous and awesome God.

There in my living room sat proof of the words that are written in Luke 1:37......."For nothing is impossible with God." What falls under "Nothing"? Every thing! A life that everyone had given up on. A constant cycle of jail, courts, freedom, jail, courts, freedom. A life that could not break free from the bondage and death that is called addiction. Yet, here in my living room sat proof that "nothing is impossible with God."

What is it you are holding on to today simply because you don't believe that God will do are act on your behalf? What is that is so large it has you bound up in fear and doubt as to the reality of these words.."For nothing is impossible with God." In faith right now, pray to God and give him this thing that has you in bondage. It may be a circumstance or situation in your life. It may be someone that is making your life miserable. It may be your own self doubt and fear. Whatever it is, turn it loose to the hands of the one who created this very world we occupy. He is waiting! Praise God that we have a Father in heaven who does not only care, but acts on the behalf of His children.
Think on these things....
Merry Christmas from the Bynum's

God on you.......
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...