Thursday, January 13, 2011

If I stand



I will truly never grow in Christ as long as I keep my eyes focused on myself.
I will never truly learn to love as long as my affections are for my own personal comfort and lifestyle.
I will never trust unless I turn loose of these bonds that tie me to this planet.
I grow when I humble myself before God.
I learn to love when those I love return my love with pain and persecution.
I trust when I give to Him everything, keeping nothing in reserve in case He doesn't come through like I want Him too.

Psalm 103:1-4
Praise the Lord, I tell myself
With my whole heart, I will praise his holy name.
Praise the Lord, I tell myself, and never forget the good things he does for me.

He forgives all my sins, and heals all my diseases.
He ransoms me from death and surrounds me with love and tender mercies.

He fills my life with good things.
My youth is renewed like the eagles!

If I stand, let it be on the promise that you will see me through.
If I fall let be on the grace that first brought me to you....

Good words....

God on you...
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...