Wednesday, January 19, 2011

The Simple Act Of Hearing

Hearing is more than using your auditory senses.
Hearing can be done with the heart.
Hearing can be done with your spirit (you were created a 3-fold being - spirit / soul/ body).
Hearing is a taking in to ones self communication from another source. In this sense, it would be me receiving direction and communication from God.

The verse that has been on my heart and mind for the last few day is found in Psalm 107:20
He sent His word and healed them, and delivered them from their destruction.
It doesn't read, "He sent His power and healed them," yet power is used in healing.
It doesn't read, "He sent His authority and healed them," yet authority is the right to carry out what we read in this verse.
It says that God sent "His word".
Some would say that when "WORD" is mentioned in this verse, he is referring to Jesus.
That might be so, I'm not smart enough to discern.
I believe that Jesus, as the WORD, and the communication that comes from God is the same.
God communicated through Jesus to a fallen world.
It is that point in which the heart of sinful, fallen man is awakened by the wooing of God's Holy Spirit.
It can come through the written word we call the Bible.
I can't tell you the number of times I would be studying and suddenly a verse would seem to jump up off the page, as if it were highlighted by the Holy Spirit. I could have read that verse a hundred times, yet at this particular reading, God had something He wanted to communicate to me.

So healing does come through the word.
To me, the Word of God primes my spirit and heart to receive the healing work of the Holy Spirit.
It enables me to have my faith strengthened as God speaks to me through Scripture.
As I read the Word of God, I am healed from fear.
As I read the Word of God, my doubts are dissolved and disappear.
As I read the Word of God my mind is at rest and peace rules inside me.
As I read the Word of God, I am healed in many ways on various levels.
Yes, even physical healing as I stretch my faith out asking God for the healing.

Faith comes by hearing and hearing the Word of God......
Seems to be a whole lot of truth in that statement.
Read the Scripture today.
Set aside time to read and study God's Word.
As God to heal you as you do read.
In faith, receive the healing.
God is good. Isn't He?

God on you.....
mb

1 comment:

Bobby said...

God is good! We do not live by bread alone, but by every word that comes from God. I've known of people who have recieved powerful physical and emotional healings by reading and hearing the Word. The Holy Spirit uses it to transform us. God bless, and thanks for the encouragement.

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...