Friday, January 7, 2011

Ta Da!!!!



This is the 901st posting for the Greene Street Letters.
What does this mean?
I don't know that it means anything other than I have found some discipline and I try to post Monday through Saturday.
Looking at Scripture in reference to this being the 901st posting, I turned to Psalm 90:1 -  LORD, You have been our dwelling place in all generations.
Interesting. The recognition that God is the focal point where we find protection and true life. He is a dwelling place. We live "in" Him, or there is real life when we place ourselves in the care of Christ.We exist "outside" of Him, by that I mean we merely take up space and walk about without direction or purpose.

Jesus made the statement in John 15:4 - "Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you unless you abide in Me."
Abiding comes from obeying. Obeying means God's will over my own will. A surrender and obedience brings about blessings from God. Notice in the John 15 verse, there is a production of fruit that comes from being where we are suppose to be. There is evidence of change that comes about in this relationship with Jesus. There is an empowering of the Holy Spirit that comes with abiding. Abiding keeps me from wandering. Wandering is nothing more than movement with no purpose. Such behavior always leads to trouble and destruction. That I do not need in my life.

Dwelling in Christ.
Abiding in Christ...
Ephesians 3:17 reads "That Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. That you, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the width and length, and depth and height...to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge. That you may be filled with all the fullness of God."

That is my desire......
To be filled with all the fullness of God.
To have every bit of Michael Bynum purged and removed and replaced with God.
Silly?
Impossible?
Wishful thinking?
Why not go for it? Why not sell out to God and totally let Him have his way as He takes up residence in our hearts? I am all in for that.
I've tried the world's ways and they don't work.
I have tried to be somebody other than who God created me to be and it lead to heart ache and disaster.
I am going to simply "BE".
That God will define me as I obey.
Well, we've made it through the first week of the new year, and with a winter storm event on the horizon (as our weather forecasters love to say) I encourage you to make the milk, egg, bread, battery run to your local food shop / store / Wally-Mart.

God on you.....
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...