Tuesday, January 25, 2011

The Trail Is Set

Psalm 119:130
The unfolding of Your words gives light. It gives understanding to the simple.

I have used this word to teach others about the validity and power that comes from studying the Bible but up until this past weekend, I never really considered it as more than an introduction to Scripture.
On Thursday night, God stirred me to begin a systematic study of the book of Revelation. Now before you get all giddy with excitement,(oooohhhh the Anti-Christ and the beast and 666) it was a study to understand Jesus. After all we forget that the book of Revelation is about the "revelation" of Jesus Christ as he ministers today.

This study went on Friday and Saturday and Sunday. Yesterday as I was reading, God spoke to me again and said, "I want you to study........not read............study the Bible. The whole book. There isn't a time frame, just follow me." Of course I have been studying the Bible. I teach  8 hours of Bible instruction here at Rapha and each teaching is different every week. In other words, I don' t use an outside source to determine where and what I am to teach. I rely on God to show me what the next teaching will be. In my own life, I have never studied the Bible cover to cover. I've read it, but never studied it.

What would be the purpose of this? To understand with my Spirit and not my head, God's ways and plans and to simply fall in love with Him more and more. I confess to you, the thought of studying the entire Bible thrills me. God has allowed me to be in a place where this can happen quite easily. I usually spend my day in the Word of God and it has created in me a hunger.........a thirst to read it.

Let's clear up one more thing. I am not an exceptional teacher. I know that and I lay no claims to fame in my ability to teach God's Word. In fact, my teachings are very simple as to help those in our meetings come to the saving knowledge of Jesus. I don't uncover great mysteries or reach up to heaven to pull down unexplainable scenes. I teach Jesus and the Cross. His death and resurrection. But there is power in what I teach. Not power from me, but from God's Holy Spirit as he opens and quickens the hearts of those who hear. I am merely a conduit for God to flow through. All glory goes to Him.

Why share this?
I'm not sure other than the fact that I ask you to pray for me that I not be slack in what God has laid before me. Pray that whatever outcome God desires to bring through me will not be thwarted by the enemy's plans.
Pray that God is manifested and increased or magnified through the teaching of His word and that He would come and back up the teaching with demonstrations of His power.

As Sherlock Holmes would say to his sidekick, Dr. Watson....."Quick Watson! The game is afoot!"
God says, "Teach boy, teach!"
So I will do so.
I pray that we all develop a greater hunger and desire for God's Word. That it becomes the bread of life deep in the innermost parts of our being.

God on you.....
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...