Monday, February 28, 2011

2/28/11 - Happy Birthday

Today is my Mother's birthday.
She would have been 94.
She has been with Jesus and the Saints for the past 30 years, rejoicing and worshipping.
On this side of eternity time chases everyone.
It lays hold of us and ages us.
Our bodies change.
Our steps get a little slower.
Our memories seem to not work as well as they use to.
Time causes us to become cynical and maybe a bit jaded.
But where my Mother is, time has no effect.
Time does not exist.
Time is but a forgotten concept.

That which I claim to believe......
Jesus...
God the Father and the Holy Ghost.....
My Mother knows to be the truth.
She has seen them.
She has stood in the presence of Almighty God.
The people I have read about in Scripture, my Mother has heard first hand accounts of their stories.

One thing I have asked from the Lord, that I shall seek......
That I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life.
To behold the beauty of the Lord, and to meditate in His temple..

For in the day of trouble He will conceal me in His tabernacle, in the secret place of His tent He will hide me. He will life me up on a rock. And now my head will be lifted up above my enemies around me.
And I will offer in His tent sacrifices with shouts of joy.  I will sing, yes I will sing praises to the Lord.................Psalm 27:4-6


Today, I want to keep my heart and vision here on earth.
To do whatever the Lord wants me to.
To go where ever he leads.
To say whatever it is I am suppose to say......
but.....
I want to keep one eye on the heavens watching for His return.
I don't care about when....I'm not into pre-trib rapture or mid-trib. I just know that at some point Jesus is coming for his church.
Notice I said "HIS" church. It isn't our church or the building down the street.
Jesus' church consists of those people who have really surrendered themselves to him and are living daily according to Scripture and the leading of the Holy Spirit.
His church is not made up of those who "play" at being a Christian.
He isn't coming back for those who are so steeped in the habit and belief's of this world that they consider Jesus to be nothing more than a get-out-of-hell-card to be used when things really go south.

Does your heart beat for Jesus?
Do you truly, truly love Him?
Oh that we all would throw down the filthiness of this world and embrace the holiness of God.
That we would be so consumed with the Spirit of God that we would infect every one around us with the truth.
Do I sound a bit zealous or even fanatical? Good! As King David told his wife when she complained about him, the king, dancing and making a fool of himself as the Ark of God was brought back to Jerusalem..."You think that was something.....let me show you exactly how undignified I can be."

Be filled today....of God's Spirit.
God on you.....
mb

1 comment:

Bobby said...

I never met your Mother, but I thank God for her. Her prayers for you were effective! I believe she still prays for you today. Thanks for the encouragement.

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...