Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Dream


Had a dream on Tuesday (night) that has kind of stuck with me.
In the dream I am living at the house where I grew up in Gallant. I was the age I am now, but I was getting ready to go to school. I was hurrying around getting my books together, telling Mom bye and trying to make it out the door, but something seem to come up over and over again that caused me to pause. I remember a little boy (probably 10 or 11) dressed and ready, headed out the door. He turned to me and said, "You better hurry or you'll miss the bus.

In the dream, this little boy was my brother, but in real life no such person exists. All I know was that I could see him through the front screen door, crossing the porch, going down the steps and out to the mailbox where the buss would pick us up. Seems like the faster I tried to catch up, the behind-er I got so that by the time I made it to the front porch, my little "brother" was getting on the school bus. The driver closed the door and as I made my way down the steps, took off in a cloud of exhaust smoke. I really wasn't concerned at that point as I knew the bus had to go to the grammar school first and then would come back by our house on the way to the high school. I would simply wait for him to return. I got distracted and before I knew it, the bus zoomed by and because I wasn't out at the highway, didn't stop.  End of dream.


Why share this dream? Because I felt that God was speaking to me through this dream.
The little "brother" that was in the dream, was actually several young men in my life who have been changed by God and are now working in recovery. Some have started recovery meetings, and others simply work one on one with addicts. The bus was God's ministry call for the Kingdom work to be done here on earth. I was so caught up in the little things that really didn't matter that my little "brother" didn't miss what God was doing, but rather was in the place he was suppose to be so he could catch the bus, and become a part of God's work.

God was telling me, "Don't get caught up in things that don't really matter and take your attention away from the things that really do, or else you'll miss it." Funny part was that in the dream I wasn't concerned about missing the bus the first time because I knew it would be around again. But when I missed it the second time, I was extremely frustrated and mad at myself.

All through out Scripture, Jesus commands us to "Watch" and "Wait". He tell us to "Look up" and "Be ready". You see, I think these references concern his second coming, but they also are a lifestyle we are to adopt as long as we live here on good ol' planet Earth. We are to be ever vigilant concerning listening for His Holy Spirit to speak to us. To instruct us in what our part is in the Kingdom of God. I just don't want to miss what God is doing. To me, missing what God is doing is a greater concern that messing up what God is doing. I don't want to be that person who misses the bus when all others are getting on board. I want to be where God is and doing what He desires me to do. The fact that the vehicle in my dream was a school bus tells me that.........guess what? I'm still in God's school. I'm still learning. I'm still growing. That excites me.
I am grateful that my heavenly Father loves me so much that he sent that dream. Now, I pray for His Holy Spirit to work in me so that the dream doesn't fade away as just one more thing God spoke to me that I dropped.

God on you.
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...