Thursday, February 17, 2011

I Believe

I believe that Jesus is Lord.
I believe that God exists as three in one....Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
I believe that Jesus died and was resurrected and ascended back to the Father and sits at the right hand of God evermore to intercede for the saints.
Who are the saints?
We are the saints. Those who have been saved and acknowledged that Jesus is Lord of their lives.
Acknowledged first with their hearts and then with their mouths.
I believe that salvation is an inward work that produces outward behaviors.
I believe that when God says, "Whosoever" in John 3:16, He really meant it.

I believe that this earth is not my home.
I believe that Jesus has prepared a place for me in heaven.
I believe in heaven.
I believe in hell.
I believe in the virgin birth.
I believe that at some point in the future, Jesus will return to take us with him.
Once we arrive, there will be the Marriage Supper of  the Lamb.
I believe that the only real "hope" on this planet is given to us by God.
I believe that such hope is directed and defined in an individual, that being Jesus.

I believe that every problem mankind faces here on this planet is because of one thing and one thing alone....sin.
I believe that Jesus' death and resurrection broke the power of sin over mankind.
I believe, as the old hymn so plainly states, we've a duty to tell all the nations.
I believe that the ear of the Lord has not grown dull, nor his arm shortened so that he cannot save.
I believe that the blood of Jesus is as powerful today as it was on that hillside outside of Jerusalem.
I believe that prayer works.

In other words.....................
I BELIEVE!

God on you........
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...