Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Live Or Exist?

Romans 14:8
While we live, we live to please the Lord. And when we die, we go to be with the Lord, so in life and in death, we belong to the Lord.

We know it with our head that our lives are not our own once we are saved.
But knowing it with your head and understanding it in your heart is two different things.
Did I please the Lord yesterday? Did my life reflect all that is good and holy, or did I allow my flesh to seep through and taint what others saw in me?

I think for some, they don't really believe or understand that when we surrender ourselves to God, we become His possession. By that, I mean that I am no longer separated from Him by my sin, but now have been brought under the covering of His authority. I belong to God. A price was paid to ransom me from the penalty of sin. This is the turning point for anyone who is addicted. Realizing that there has too be a power greater than ourselves that can take us out of the insanity that addiction brings and restore us to a place of wellness and  wholeness. Only the Lord Jesus Christ can do this!

Chapter 13 - Verse 14 reads: But let the Lord Jesus Christ take control of you, and don't think of ways to indulge your evil desires."
One of the first things I heard on a consistent basis when I came to Rapha was , "When you're sick and tired of being sick and tired, then you're ready for change." I have found this to be the truth. A body  has to reach the point of surrender. Some have to go all the way down and crash and burn before they can be restored. To me, that is the power of our sin nature at work. A nature that would reject the real life from God in order to pursue the path of destruction. Praise God! It doesn't have to be this way.

I leave this verse with you today. Why? Because I needed to read it for myself and take it into my spirit.
Romans 15:13
May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

God on you....
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...