Saturday, February 12, 2011

"We Shall Behold Him" By Sandi Patty (FULL)



I haven't heard this song in years. I don't know why it suddenly came to mind to find it on YouTube. Well, yes I do know why it came to my mind. God placed that thought inside of me. So here I am sitting in my office at Rapha and I'm about to start the video. The song begins and I immediately began to weep. I have gone beyond crying straight to all-undone-weeping. God's Spirit falls in my office and I am totally taken apart by this song. I get so caught up in the day to day grind of life that I sometimes allow myself to loose sight of the glorious promise God has given to me. That indeed one day I shall behold Him face to face.

As the song progressed, I could feel God lifting from me all the things I had taken unto myself that had become a burden and stumbling block. Here in my office, it was just God, me and this song being played.
To think that one day I shall shed this mortal coil we call the body and I shall be changed and have a glorified body. That I will be able to worship in Jesus' presence and proclaim his worth and majesty as my Lord and Savior. I get so side-tracked on stuff here on planet earth, I forget that it is not my home. My Savior has gone away and has prepared a place for me. One day I'll either go to that place or He will return to take me there, it doesn't matter which.

On that day, everything I believed and thought to be true, I will know as fact.
I will see the scars in his hands and side.
I will hear and see and smell heaven.
That which I cannot wrap my brain around here today, will become reality.
Praise God! Praise God! Praise God!

I hope you find the blessed hope for yourself today.....
God on you.....
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...