Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Early Tuesday

I don't know what is happening but it seems that I keep getting up earlier and earlier.
Pretty soon I'll be getting up before I actually go to bed.
Not complaining.
I like getting up extra early.
Getting the coffe ready....
House is quiet X 10.
Feeling refreshed and read to go.

Taught at North Glencoe Singles meeting last night.
What an incredible group of people.
They truly do love each other and people at large.
How would I define them?
Prayer warriors who intecede for others.
Worshippers who do so in Spirit and in Truth.
God was gracious to come and move about the room with healing and encouragement.
Great grace and mercy were there last night for everyone.

John 15:8
This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit showing yourselves to be my disciples.

Am I fruit tree for God?
What is "fruit"?
I use to think it was me winning souls for the Kingdom, but found out that the "soul winning" part comes because of the fruit God produces in me.
Fruit is the evidence of the work of the Holy Spirit in me.
The change in character.
The transistion from a life of self-centeredness to a life of transparency of motive and an outlook to serve others.
When my thoughts and heart on others more than myself, that is change.
Galatians 5:22
But the fruit (not fruit's) of the Spirit (a by product of God at work in us) is....
Love - in this first fruit is the heart of change. An outward turning from myself to others. Love cannot be kept but must be demonstrated. Hence the need to serve.

Joy - Here is love expressed. Vocally and through behavior. Joy is a by product of the love that God gives us. Oh yeah, one last thing. Love is a choice not an emotion.

Peace - This is love at rest. Love that is confident and needs not to always be proving itself.

Patience - Love that waits. I am so thankful that God is patient with me.

Kindness - Love that is expressed to others in acts and deeds.

Goodness - Love that seeks out the best to give away.

Faithfulness - Love that is never late and expresses the Father's heart in every situation it meets.

Gentleness - Love that is tender and looks to the other person's needs. A soft voice, a touch, a prayer all done with a heart of love.

Self-control - Love that is restrained and directed by God's Holy Spirit. Loosed when God says be free and held close when God whispers "Be still and Know I am God!"

........And the greatest of these three......faith.....hope ....and love.......is Love!

God on you today....
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...