Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Intercession - Eric Ludy



I have a friend who is an intercessor.
I have had times of intercession. I have had seasons where God has burdened me with His burden and called me to pray.
My friend lives there.
Day in and day out...interceding for the things that God has placed on their heart and spirit.
I have seen my friend broken and weeping....
I have seen them carrying a burden so great that I would have crumbled, but they carried on not in their own strength but in the strength of the Lord. I have never heard my friend complain or murmur about being called to intercede. I have seen a gentle strength and quietness come over my friend as they entered into a time of prayer and intercession.

I have seen my friend touch the hem of God's garment on more than one occasion with tears and great weeping and prayers that were returned back to God.
When the bowl was filled with the tears and prayers, God stood and acted on those prayers that were poured out.
It's not a popular gift or call that most seek after.
But I know the joy that my friend has carried deep in the heart as they watch God move time and time again.

I want to be an intercessor.
I want to be broken with the things that break God's heart.
May sound foolish....
But I do not want to stand before God and hear Him say, "Why did you not pray?"
God forgive me......

mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...