Monday, March 21, 2011

Watching God Move----

Jeremiah 31:3
The LORD appeared to him from afar, saying"I have loved you with an everlasting love. Therefore I have drawn you with loving kindness."

I was privy to see this love last night at Celebrate Recovery North Glencoe.
I saw people stream to the front to embrace God as ministry broke out through out the room.
Tears.....
People on their knees, faces down and hands raised in surrender to God.
These were not church people. By that, I mean ones who regularly attend a worship service.
These were people who were new to the moving and heart of God.
Yet, He came (God) and touched them with His Holy Spirit and they were made aware of their need for God.

In response they left their seats to come forward and pray and receive prayer.
That, my friend, is what I normally refer to as "pay day".
You see, I know that I am the foolish part of every thing that took place last night.
I did speak and bring the message, but it was God who orchestrated every thing.
It was God who prepared hearts to receive what He spoke through me.
It was God who stirred the hearts to even show up last night to receive from Him.
And it was the "perfect storm" so to speak.
A need meeting the giver of all things.
The result was lives were changed.

I cannot explain how this thing called "preaching" works.
truth is most people will not remember what I said last night.
But they will not forget that Almighty God came and touched them.
They will not forget that God Himself came down into that room and awakened them from a spiritual slumber unto new life, eternal life with Him.

I wrote all of the above to say this....
It was a good night last night.....
Thank you God for letting me be a part.....

God on you today!
mb

1 comment:

Bobby said...

That fires me up!!

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...