Monday, March 28, 2011

Who Are You Looking To?

Isaiah 6:1
In the year of King Uzziah's death, I saw the LORD sitting on a throne, lofty and exalted with the train of His robe filling the temple.

This was part of my message Saturday night.
The need for us to "SEE" God.
Not just with our physical eyes, but with our spiritual eyes.
To see and perceive and experience Him.
Lifting our vision.
Worship isn't real worship until I "see" the Lord.
Relationship isn't real until I "see" the Lord.
Without seeing God, what we think is relationship is really religion.

I didn't catch something till late in the day Saturday as I was rereading the verse in Isaiah.
A thought floated through my mind.
"When was it that Isaiah saw God?"
I came back with "when he looked."
"No! Think again."
Then I saw it.
He did not see the LORD until after Uzziah the king had died.
One ruler had to die in order for the One and only ruler could be seen.
God was showing me something in the spiritual that was there on the page in black and white in front of me.

If I want to see God, then whatever I have made to be my king.................
Whatever I have bowed my knee to..........
Whatever has authority over me must die first.
For only in dying can we find life.
For most, the ruler of life is "self".
We have to die to self.
We have to deny self. Take up our cross and follow Jesus.
I can't do anything until the king, the ruler of my life has been killed.
Then I can see my cross.
I can lay hold of it and see Jesus and know where to go as I follow Him.

Simple.
Yet one step we all must take.
Think on these things.

God on you....
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...