Friday, April 15, 2011

Laid Back Kind of Day

7:12 a.m. /  Still at home.
Vicki has left for work and I am in my pseudo-office pecking out this post.
I love the  mornings.
We have our quiet time each day over our first cup of coffee and I find great comfort in sitting on the couch with my wife as we pray and read our Bibles.

I found a website yesterday from someone I knew long ago.
I haven't seen him in 40 years. Wasn't even sure he was still living, but there he was.
He considers himself to be a "blues" musician. I would not dispute that view because his music reflects the pain of a hard life.
There is sorrow in his voice when he sings.
His choice of notes and arrangements reveal a heart that has seen and felt a lifetime of pain and sorrow.
Isn't it funny how blues music seems to strike a universal chord in most people?
Maybe it's the truthfulness of the music. That life isn't about neatly wrapped up solutions all looking like a Christmas present. Maybe it's the bold faced honesty that people will hurt you and leave you.
That we have this misguided perception that we can find happiness in another messed up human.
We can't.
We find everything in Jesus.
You might not want to hear it or believe it, but it's truth.

You see, I don't have a problem with blues music. I guess my greatest concern is that the music is always open ended. No healing. No resolve. Just a lonesome voice bemoaning the plight of life.
King David wrote some pretty good blues tunes.
You know what the difference between what King David wrote and the blues musicians of this day is?
King David always included the solution to his blues. GOD!
Life doesn't have to be lived out unresolved.
Life doesn't have to be found in the pain of hurt.
Life comes when all the pain.....
All the hurt.....
All the unresolved issues are turned toward and over to God.
He brings healing and strength to shatter the gloom and depression that covers a heart.
God, the great healer.

Turn your heart and voice toward God today.
Yeah....

God on you...
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...