Friday, April 29, 2011

Trusting On

Trusting on....
No matter what our situation..
No matter what we face in our lives...
Vicki and I are trusting on.....
Trusting on that God is who He says He is.
Trusting on that God will do what He says He will do.
Trusting on that no matter what happens...
No matter if I understand the "why" or not...I will trust in Him.

Psalm 142:5
I cried out to thee, O Lord
When things get so hard that the pressure is beyond bearing. When our minds are so full and dark that we can't even think straight..........that is the time to cry out to God. Truth be known, we should cry out to God at the first sign that we are entering into a time of darkness. Everyone deals with life situations differently and we respond on different levels, but no matter what, we should shed ourselves of the thought that we can handle everything and turn to God.

I said, "Thou are my refuge."
Vicki and I have lived by this for 38+ years.
We have placed our lives and everything God has given to us, back squarely in His care.
We acknowledge that anything we might own or have is because God has allowed us to possess it. Even our house and the property it sits on belongs to Him. He is just letting us use it while we draw breath.

My portion in the land of the living.
This has been a huge concept for us ever since I entered full time ministry back in 1998.
During our prayer time God spoke and told us that we could either have (1) His richest blessings or (2) Himself as our portion. I felt somewhat like this was a trick question, but it wasn't. We chose door #2 and have never regretted it. We don't rely on anyone or anything except for God. He has proven always faithful for as long as we have been married, but exceptionally above and beyond faithful over these past 13 years.
Kind of like the tribe of Levi during the Exodus. God told them that when they entered into the promised land, they would not receive a portion of the land. Instead, they would receive God as their portion. Through this, all their needs were met as they served Him at the Tabernacle.

Food for thought this morning.
Let God be your portion for today.....
God on you....
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...