Saturday, April 9, 2011

What is Really Going On?



There seems to be more spiritual darkness around me every day. If I look at it with my natural eyes, I will grow discouraged and depressed. I will entertain thoughts of quitting. Thoughts of giving up. Thoughts that take me from God. Praise God though that I see the world through eyes of faith. Eyes that see the glory of God, not the work of Satan. I see the coming light that pushes back darkness, not the over whelming flood of sin and destruction. I see life and resurrection, not death and grief. I see the Hope of glory and not the vacuum of sin. Why?

Because I have discovered that God is above and in control of every situation that takes place here on planet earth. I don't have an answer as to why "good" people die and "bad" people live. I don't know why Babies are born sick and never live beyond their 1st birthday and stone cold junkies live to be 50 or 60. I don't know why entire countries are devastated by tsunami's and earthquakes. I look to God.  Sure I wrestle with these things, but ultimately it comes back to "Do you trust God?" I do. You may be asking, "Why?" The only reason I can give is the same reason that Peter gave Jesus when Jesus asked, "Are you leaving me also?" Peter replied, "Where would we go? We have left everything to follow you. You alone possess the words of life." In other words, I have experienced a way of life in following Jesus that I did not have before I was saved. I may not be able to give you a theological answer to it, but I know that I know this life is truth. That is why I choose to follow this Jesus even when the world is railing against anything "God" and "religion."

Now for some who read this, when I write the word "God", you have a very definite opinion concerning who you think He is or isn't. Your opinion has been developed over the years based on your own personal experiences coupled with what you have read or heard others say. No matter what, we all come to this day with an idea of who God is. For me, what I have found over the years is that God is bigger than my thoughts, and His ways are not in the same ball park as my ways. His ways are higher.

This being the case, as I look around at our country........
As I hear the voices of discontent....
Voices of anger....
Voices of disillusionment.....
All speaking at once.
Voices looking to the government for help.
Voices looking to businesses for help.
Voices looking every where but the one place they should be looking....to God.
You can disagree with me, that's fine. I have no qualms with anyone who chooses to disagree.
You may even ask, "Why do I believe in this God like I do?"

I would tell you that God has proven faithful after I gave up and surrendered my will and my life (STEP #3).  He (Jesus Christ) became my higher power. I turned my power over to Him, in exchange for a new life and another chance of having a future while I'm still alive. More than that, I have been sealed (my mind given the assurance) that God is who He claims to be, and will do what He claims to do. From this, I know that heaven is my true home. One day I will go there. That you can take to the bank. Not from anything I have done, but from the saving grace of Jesus Christ.

So for today..."Be Ye Glad!"

God on you...
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...