Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Bumfuzzled But Still Kicking

5:21 a.m.
Seems as though the older I get, the less sleep I need. Well, maybe not need, but less sleep I actually get.
My body usually starts talking to me somewhere around 4:30. "Get up...you know you're burning daylight! Get up!"

Seems as though the question du'jour is "Why did God spare some people in last week's tornado, while others died?"
You know if I could answer that one, I'd be a rich man.
I don't have an answer to that.
I know that when something good happens to us, we usually attribute that to God. "Oh God blessed me with  fill in the blank..........I am so blessed."  But when something bad happens we also blame God. What if the enemy a.k.a. devil, was responsible? After all he is referred to as the prince of the power of the air. What if, in fact, God kept those storms from doing more damage than it did? What if God had mercy on all of us?

I know this is hard for me to wrap my brain around. Part of me thinks that "if this is mercy, I'd hate to see God really mad." That would be true. God's wrath is beyond my comprehension and his mercy is displayed in ways that I may not see or understand.

I know that there are 1000's of people whose hearts are breaking and are grieving over loved ones who were killed in last weeks storms. I think some how God also grieves with us, to a point. From His perspective, He sees the entire plan of things. Something I cannot. It is because of this that I have to trust Him. I choose to place my faith in Him.  As we read in II Corinthians, "His grace is sufficient."
It is this grace I lean on during dark days and times.
It is His grace I cry for when my questions are unanswered and I don't understand.
It is the grace of God that empowers me to move through my grief and allow healing to come to me.

Isaiah 53:8-9
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts. Neither are your ways my ways." declares the LORD. "As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts."

So we help those who have lost family and home.
We remove the rubble and we feed and clothe them.

We stand with everyone who is trying to put back the pieces of their life.
But we do so with a word of hope.
God is who He says He is....
And He will do what He has told us in His book........the Bible.

Continue to give and pray to those in need.......
God on you.....
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...