Friday, May 13, 2011

Friday Hodge Podge

Blogger has been down for a couple of days, hence my not posting. I couldn't.
I was able to get the message from 5 / 7 /11 posted in Ipod section of blog.
I taught on Genesis 1:1 as the entry point into the word of God.
We really can't grasp and understand the Bible until we come to the truth of Genesis 1:1. God does not speak to us to convince us to believe in Him and His ability. In that first verse you can see the awesome power and majesty of God.....all wrapped up in ten words.
In that single verse you have the entire story of creation.
"In the beginning, God created the heaven and the earth."

The acknowledgement of God's sovereignty over all of creation. (Which includes my life)
This puts us in a place that, through our salvation, we can have access to the Holy Spirit who will guide us into all truth. I no longer think the way I did in my former lifestyle. I have Kingdom thinking."

It is from this new life and new way of thinking that I walk out my daily life. Reading and studying the Word of God for direction to make good sound decisions. That is why I get up every morning excited because I have no clue as to what God is going to do that day. I get to follow Him and watch as he works around me and in me. How cool is that?

We are beginning a new study this Saturday night.
We are going to go through the book of James, which is very instrumental in AA. In fact the first groups to meet considered using the name..."The James" Group. Keep a look out in the Ipod section for postings of the messages each week.

Know that God is God...
Know that He loves you.....
Know that you have been filled and empowered with the Spirit of God.
That same Spirit raised Jesus from the dead and now is alive and well and at work in each believer.

God on you....
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...