Saturday, June 11, 2011

Ahhh! Made It

Saturday....What a wonderful day.
We have our gathering / meeting / church tonight at Rapha.
The day will be spent in preparation for it.
Equipment hauled over to the chapel. Setting up. Finishing the music for worship.
Finalizing the message.
Much prayer over it all because none of this matters unless God manifests in our midst.
That may sound strange to some, but for us it is very much the heart of what we do.

We gather to worship Him. Why? Because of our very lives being changed, we simply want to gather as a group and praise Him, thank Him and well....worship Him.
I have had services where I had worked on a message for hours, studying and reading, praying and preparing myself. I would stand up to deliver it and God would clearly and distinctly say, "Not tonight...don't do this message." To which I would simply shut my notes, open my Bible and ask Him to show me what it was He wanted to do. I have learned over these past 17 years that it is better to look foolish and follow God than it is to try and save your own image in front of others.

Tonight we will continue in our teaching from the book of James.
If you remember, I told you that A.A. was built on 3 things.
1.) Jesus' Sermon on the Mount
2) I Corinthians 13 (the love chapter0
3.) The book of James

Tonight we will be looking at James 1: 5-8 (unless God has different plans)
I would like to extend an invitation to anyone who would like to attend  one of our services.
We meet each Saturday @ 7 p.m. (There are some times we don't meet due to invitations where the men in the program go to another church).
While I'm on the subject, we will not be meeting next weekend ( 6 / 18).

James 1:5-9 deals with God's favor to give us wisdom (if we ask) to deal with the problems that life throws at us. Wisdom that helps us to understand whether this problem is something God is going to deliver us from or take us through.

V.5
If any of you lack wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him.
This verse is addressed to believers.
I need wisdom? I ask God.

He gives and not only gives, but gives generously.
To who?
All!
Who falls under the category of "all"?
Everyone who has been saved.
Sounds to me like we don't take advantage of this blessing.
Maybe my life would reflect differently if I quit trying to figure out everything on my own and simply ask God for His wisdom to work through my situations.
I think maybe I will try this.

God on you....
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...