Friday, June 10, 2011

The One And Only

Isaiah 40:25
"To whom will you compare me? Or who is my equal?" Says the Holy One.

Been parked here for a few days.
The statement by God reveals that He is unlike anyone or anything else...period.
The uniqueness of who He is reveals that His understanding goes far beyond my ability to reason or comprehend.
In this rarefied air, I bring my faith to bear.
Faith that He is who He claims to be.
Faith that He will do what He claims He will do.


I do not want a small God.
I want a God that is beyond my understanding.
I do not want to create a god in my image.

I want to fall to my knees in worship before the one who created me.
I want the words of my mouth and the quiet thoughts of my heart to be acceptable to God.


Sometimes I think we forget who we are talking about.
Not that we forget God, we just loose sight of the majesty and awesomeness of His presence.

I have been in meetings and prayer groups where the presence of God was so thick and heavy, you couldn't speak. You just sat there in silence bathed in His glory.
You were totally aware that God had manifested Himself and you were in His presence.
Being God, I think He deserves to be worshipped and praised.
I know that we have been shown certain ways to worship and behaviors that were acceptable when we gather.
I'm not so sure that I know all there is about worship.

I guess I'm coming from a place where I feel like "There must be more!"
I don't know all there is about how to worship God.
Before you think I'm leading you down a Pentecostal/ Charismatic highway of emotion. I'm not.

I believe that first and foremost, worship is a lifestyle.
It is 31!
That's 24/7 (get it? 31).
Everything I do reflects worship unto God.
My words (Ouch! I think I need to work on this one)
How I interact with others (do they see Jesus in me)
My quiet time (Am I listening for you, LORD?)

I want to grow and mature in my ability to worship.
I don't want to "Learn" an agenda or program on how to worship.
I want a heart that is tuned to God and from that, worship that is spontaneous and bursts forth in praise from my lips.

Think on these things.....

God on you...
mb

2 comments:

Bobby said...

These are good things to think on! Thanks for your insights mb.

Greene Street Letters said...

I guess the reason I stay in these places is because of the turn over of men who come through the program. I am always teaching the basics of who God is and what His plan is for us. Besides, we all need to go through a refresher course every now and then.
Mb

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...