Tuesday, July 12, 2011



II Corinthians 4:4
Satan, the god of this world, has blinded the minds of those who don't believe, s0 that they are unable to see the Good news that is shining upon them.  (NLT)

We need to be able to see ourselves. The real "us" . Not the version that we have constructed that we drag out to impress people or gain their favor. Not the image we think we need to be in order to get ahead in this world. Not even the fake "us" that we use to hide our sin.
Part of addiction has been our ability to make ourselves over, time after time. We become whatever we need to become to get what we want.

My mother thinks of me in a certain way. That I am her sweet little boy who simply got messed up in the wrong crowd. So I'll be that "sweet little boy"  in order to get what I want.
My Parole officer thinks of me a certain way and I will become that straight law-abiding citizen so I don't have to be drug tested. In other words, we play games with people. Trouble is, all the game playing only reveals the deceit we have inside for others and ourselves. What we need is a healthy dose of "God uncovering--falling from heaven--Holy Spirit giving" discernment. In other words, I need my eyes open to the truth about myself. Seeing the truth when it comes to the real us, isn't always pleasant, but it can be very profitable in aiding me in my recovery.

Psalm 51:6 reads: Behold, You desire truth in the inward parts, and in the hidden part You will make me to know wisdom.
The inward parts? I don't think you'll find that on any map or GPS. The inward parts are the place of the soul.....the intellect, the heart, the emotions, the central core of me that is uniquely me. It is in this place that real truth must first turn on the light. God is all about light and illumination. His heart is to uncover and reveal to us the truth about ourselves so we can turn it over to Him so He can work in us.
Psalm 51 has some pretty harsh words when it comes to letting God work....
V7. - Purge me /  Wash me
V8. - Make me
V9. - Blot out
V10.-Create in me /  and renew within me
V.11-  Do not cast me away from Your presence
V.12- Restore unto me
V.14- Deliver me
Sounds like a good laundry list for a complete makeover if I'll get out of the way and let God do His business in me.

Change the inside.....
The outside behavior will change...
Change the heart....
The mind follows....
Change the will.....
Embrace His will and my past becomes simply that.................my past.
I will deal with the mess and destruction as I build a new life in Christ.
Today is a good day to start....

God on you.....
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...