Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Kenny Young Part Deaux


Well, here we are in all our radiant splendor. These are photo's of our band, PERMANENT WAVE, on a road trip to Bowling Green, Kentucky.
We stayed with David and Gina Finlayson, who were part of a group that put on a kind of roving Coffee house on Saturday nights.
David had invited us up to play with him and how could we say,"No."

I look at these photos and believe it or not....
I am taken with how young we looked.
No thoughts of death.
No thoughts of grandchildren or retirement.
The one constant through these years has been the desire to play for God.
That is a fire that burned in all of us.
Countless hours at the church during the week playing and learning to hear God in the music.
riffs and chord runs.
Drum beats and keyboards.
It was school and there weren't any more passionate students than the members of this band.
Musically we were far from professional....
but from a heart of worship...
It was an incredible time, that still carries on to this day.

I am grateful for the time God allowed us all to spend together.
And I am a better musician and a better person for having each one these people
in my life....

1 comment:

David Finlayson said...

Though I wasn't a member of Permanent Wave - I wish that I had been. It was always fun when I got the chance to play with you all. Incredible sounds came from you guys. Goodbye Kenny.

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...