Sunday, August 28, 2011

Extra---Extra

Usually don't post on Sunday's, but felt the need to this morning.
Not that I have anything earth shattering or attention catching......
I felt the need to share about our service last night.

I love it when God shows up (a.k.a. Your suddenly aware of God's presence in the room).
Things happen.
Things change.
I had prepared the music for worship and felt pretty confident that they were the songs that God had given me, but I still like to hold things loosely in case God has a different agenda.

We were in the last part of the first song, things were winding down when my wife began to sing in the Spirit.
That may be a term that isn't familiar to a lot of you so let me explain. My wife is what I refer to as "a real worshiper." When worship begins, she just goes off and gets lost in the music. She doesn't concern herself with who is around or what are people thinking, it's just her and God as she pours out her heart to Him in gratitude. It isn't a loud, boisterous, look-at-me kind of attitude. It is a quiet almost whisper like voice as she sings. She sings what is on her heart and God seems to enjoy it. So last night, here we were finishing up the song, and my wife is lowly and quietly singing about the majesty and awesomeness of God. We, the worship team, pick up on what chord we need to play and we begin to back up Vicki as she sings. When this happens, the awareness of God really increases in the room. It probably goes on for 10 minutes and during this time, my thoughts are suddenly aware that we cannot do the next song I had picked out. It was not conducive to what God was doing in the room. So we shelved the song and moved on to another that I had asked Debbie to do before we started. The flow of the Spirit continued as we played and worshipped. Like I said earlier in this posting....I am perfectly fine with throwing away what I wanted to do in order that we might play and sing what was on God's heart.

Seth Barber spoke on having an "ATTITUDE OF GRATITUDE." I hope to have his message posted next week so look for here at Greene Street Letters in the pod cast section of the blog.
Seth brought home the fact that gratitude opens the door for God to truly bless us and enable us to live this life He has brought to us.

It was a good evening capped off by sharing in Communion.
There was prayer for healing.......
Prayer for strength to not fall back into old ways and old habits.
Prayer for financial help in this time of a struggling economy.
Prayer for family and friends.

There were many hugs and handshakes...
You could hear, "Hey man, I love you." all over the room.
It was a night when our family gathered to honor and worship God.
It was a good night.

God on you.....
See you tomorrow....
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...