Thursday, August 18, 2011

Just One Touch

One Touch.
A point of contact.
One person touching another.
The slightest of touch.
Imagine being healed of whatever disease or affliction you carried around by just touching someone.
Imagine being set free from a life of illness and depression.
No longer would people have to take you places.
You could go on your own.
No longer would people have to be responsible for you.
You could live a full and productive life.
No longer would you be a burden on your family.
You could give back to them for all the years they had loved you and took care of you.

We see such an event in Mark 6:5: Wherever He entered, into villages, cities, or the country, they laid the sick in the marketplaces, and begged Him that they might just touch the hem of His garment. And as many as touched Him were made well.

They didn't demand His attention. Just to be near enough to touch the hem of His garment.
They didn't seek to buy His power. Just to be near enough to touch the hem of His garment.
They didn't cry or make excuses for their lot in life. Just to be near enough to touch the hem of His garment.
They didn't rail and rant against life not being fair. Just to be near enough to touch the hem of His garment.

No these folks had long since passed all the anger and depression that came as a result of their condition.
There was no more anger.
Just acceptance of the way they were.
For someone in addiction, we call this False Belief #4. I am what I am and I cannot change. I am hopeless. Funny thing happens when someone reaches that place mentally, spiritually and physically. They are setting themselves up for God to come and gloriously place a healing on them. It begins with a very simple thought in the mind of the person who is addicted. It is called "hope". They have tried everything else and it hasn't worked. Sometimes they tell me, "Don't talk about God. I've tried church."  Church? I'm not talking about church. I'm talking about a full on, blessed encounter with God Himself.

As this person mulls this over in their mind, they begin to churn with a sense of desperation. At some point it manifest in a very simple thought. Either heal me or kill me....one or the other...I can't live like this any longer.   This is what happened last Saturday night at our meeting. An entire group got up from their seats, came forward and touched the hem of God's garment. Funny part was God came and touched them. I watched as grown men wept and shook and praised God for His presence and for what He was doing in their lives. It is an awesome thing to be in a room where Almighty God has come down to work among hearts who are hungry for Him. I've seen it happen so many times that I've lost count. But I never, never, never tire of seeing it again. That is why we do what we at Rapha. Lives changed.

God on you....
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...