Saturday, August 6, 2011

Sa.Sa.Sa..Saturday Night....

Thought I might inject a little Bay City Rollers in title of the posting today. Sorry about  that.
Here we are in the middle of an Alabama Summer.
Hot, humid...sticky....sweltering....Typical Summer.
Today is visitation at Rapha. We have so many new guys here now that it should make for an interesting visitation. I always enjoy this day as families come to see their husbands/ fathers/sons/brothers (in other words fill in the blank). Should be a good day.
___________________________________________________________________

Acts 1:4 -  ........"But wait for the promise of the Father which you have heard from me."

Such a small word.
Four letters.
But the thought and meaning of this word drives us crazy sometimes.
We fight against it.
We verbally say, "I'm not good at this."
What word?
WAIT.
The simple act of not pushing ahead with our agenda.
The process of remaining still until we receive whatever it is we are waiting on.

Isaiah 40:31 reminds us that Those who wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength.
According to this, there must be benefits from waiting, the most obvious is a renewing of strength.
If I am waiting, then I am not exerting myself uselessly.
If I am waiting, then I am at rest.
If I am waiting, then I am in a place of trust. A place where I am believing that God is who He says He is and that He will do what He says He will do.
Rest!Wait!
Waiting for the promise of the Father. Doesn't that sound incredible? God has promised to send something and all they had to do was wait for it. I'm sure the group in Acts 1 were like little children on Christmas eve.
"What do you think it is?"
"How will we know when it arrives?" (Unaware that it wasn't an "IT" but rather "HIM" as in the Holy Spirit)
I know this.
Because this group waited, they were never the same.
On the day of the promise, everything changed.  Not a little but topsy-turvy, world upside down kind of change.
Waiting on God will do that sometimes.
I'm waiting on Him right now.
I'm waiting on Him to turn to His Son and say,"Go get your bride."
Jesus, come quickly!

God on you....
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...