Monday, August 29, 2011

The Theology Of Hot Dogs

Finding that "gratitude" today. It would be so easy to slide over into Lake "Whinny mouth", but I ain't going to do that. Life is hard, but it's hard for everyone. I notice that I want to be the single, central person that life has pegged to pour out all that is bad upon. But that wouldn't be the truth.  Truth is, God has been beyond gracious and loving to me and my family. So as I made my way over to the cafeteria for lunch, I spied hot dogs.

Hot dogs are a lot like life. They are what you make of them.
You can have them plain and simple, but there isn't much taste to them. Nothing that causes your taste buds to go "Whoooo Hooooooo!". Taste buds just kind of lay there while your stomach gives you a courteous nod for supplying it something other than things that are good for you.

Take that same dog and doctor it up.
Mustard...
Ketchup....
Slaw....
Some hot sauce.....
Kraut......
Relish.....
Onion.....
Now we are talking about a "Par-tay" in your mouth.
Something that wakes everything up.
I am grateful for that hot dog.
That is just one of the many things God places around me daily and I do not want to become such a gloomy-gus that I miss the blessings and directions of God.
No navel-gazing for me.
Keep my eyes up....
My focus on Jesus....
and a heart of gratitude for everything.....
even hot dogs.....
If I can get that whipped up by a hot dog, imagine how it should be if I find myself dwelling on my salvation? My relationship with Jesus? Life in the body of Christ? Man! Now we got us some A-1 gratitude fixing to erupt from my heart and mouth....
Big ol' "THANK YOU JESUS!!"
Gratitude..
Don't leave home without it.


God on you.....
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...