Friday, August 26, 2011

Time Passages

Romans 5:8

Amplified Bible (AMP)
But God shows and clearly proves His [own] love for us by the fact that while we were still sinners, Christ (the Messiah, the Anointed One) died for us.

I never want to tire of seeing and understanding the nature of God. Each day is new. Each day I wake up I am jazzed about what God may show me today. Each day is an opportunity to know God better as He reveals Himself to me.
Sometimes it comes as I read my Bible. A verse just king of "boings" up off the page and catches my attention. Wow! I never read that before.....or.....That is what I needed for what I am struggling with. Sometimes it happens in conversation with someone else. They will say something that connects with your spirit...a knowing...an assurance that God has spoken to reveal Himself to you.

KJV  says that God "demonstrates" his love for us. That means that there is action to what God holds dear. He can't simply come up with good and holy ideas that then keep them to  Himself. He puts legs (or angels) to his plan and demonstrates before us His truth. Every day in the fallen world filled with blind and deaf people (Of which I use to be on) God is speaking and demonstrating and revealing and showing. It isn't a desperate measure on His part, NO! IT is a heart of love for his creation to see it redeemed from the mess that sin brought in.

S0, what did God show me today?
He showed me that He loves us so much, even when we are completely in rebellion that He will turn us loose to pursue the very thing that is not good for us. You may be saying, "Well,that doesn't sound like love to me." It not the kind of love that we see much in this world. Oh, it's out there but you have to ask God to give you vision so you can see it. God knows that sometimes the best thing for us is to let rebellion run its course so we can get skint up pretty good. God is always faithful and ready to heal us, love us and take us back when we cry out to Him. Not just for help but for HELP!!!! You know the prayer. I'm sure some of you have prayed it.....it goes like this. "Oh God, Oh God, Oh God, Oh God, Oh God." God hears that prayer and He comes to take back and destroy the works of the devil in our lives. He replaces all the cruddy stuff with all the God stuff. You know, clean us up and fill us up with His Holy Spirit. Bam! Live is back on track.

I had to let someone go today. I knew that this was a decision they were going to make. Funny part is, they knew it was a bad choice and I knew it was a bad choice, but they chose anyway.  So I love them and let them go. I have prayed over this individual and know that he now resides in the hand of God. I pray that he will wake up and turn back from the direction he is headed in. I trust God to watch over and take care of this person and that there are things that God has planted in the heart of this person that will produce good fruit at some point in the future.

I don't have to have all the answers to life's mysteries.
I just have to know God.
Case closed. Oh yeah...one last thing. This "knowing of God' isn't an intellectual pursuit. It is a massive collision of God's Spirit with my messy, sinful life that produces a gigantic explosion. I have been changed. I know it because God told me so. That I'll take.

God on you....
mb



No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...