Tuesday, September 13, 2011

He Is Still Kickin' Today

Isaiah 40: 12
who had measured the waters in the hollow of His hand, and marked off the heavens by the span,
and calculated the dust of the earth by the measure, and weighed the mountains in a balance, and the hills in a pair of scales.

Some times I forget the awesomeness of God.
Some times I forget the power and majesty He possesses.
I forget that God does not need to promote Himself because the heavens declare the glory of God.
His creation continually points to His ability and creativeness.
Yet if God does indeed possess this ability and power, why is I have such a hard time believing that He would want to intervene in my life?
Why would I doubt that His offer of Salvation would bring with it everything I need to walk out my days here on earth?

One reason I believe is because we are into microwaving....
God is into marinading.....
In other words, it is my impatience and desire to "have it now" that keeps me from seeing God's hand at work in me and around me.
I keep looking for a finished result rather than enjoying the entire process of change.
The little nuances of change in me as the way I think is altered through the work of the Holy Spirit.
The way I feel toward others as my heart is transformed.
I know that I am not the same person I was last year or 5 years ago....
Or 10 years ago.
Sure some of the change is because I'm older, but the major difference is God's work that has been done to me. All for the better.

Now before you think I've gotten some sort of spiritual big-head...
I haven't.
I am a work in progress.
To me that is the most amazing part of all in this relationship I have with God.
That He is continually uncovering belief's and attitudes in my heart that He wants to change.
As I head toward the final part of my life, I am grateful for to God that He is all about seeing His work to completion.
Unlike me, He doesn't start a project and then abandon it midway through the process.No!
His work is for eternity.
I am going to be a part of that eternity with Him.
Can't wait.

Enjoy your daily walk with God.
Find those things that He is doing inside of you and give praise to Him for it.
Take this day and live for His glory.
Share His love with someone you meet today.

God on you...
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...