Friday, September 30, 2011

Why?

Why write in this blog 6 days a week?
Why share thoughts and belief's with people I can't even see?
Why?
Because there needs to be a message of hope floating around out there on the 'net.
Why me?
I've asked that question a lot.
If you look at the picture up top, you'll see I'm really just a "good ol' boy".
I have no degrees.
But I do have a call from God.
Kind of an unusual call. I felt as though God called me to be a Preacher/ Pastor back in 1964. I won't go into the details. I was 13 at the time. Needless to say, it scared me to death. I was such a ball of insecurity and doubt that I kept trying to shove this "call" to the back burner and not think about it. For the next 33 years, I ran from it. It surfaced at various points along the way and in different situations, but the result was the same. I did not want to do what God was calling me to do.

It wasn't until 1997 that I finally said "yes".
Here I am 14+ years on the other side of "yes".
It truly has been a ride for me and my wife, one that I'm glad we took.
Back to the question at hand. Why write this? What qualifies me to speak into the lives of those who stop by here to read this blog.
I guess the only answer I could give you would be, "God told me to do it."
This blog is only about one thing..........Jesus.
Who He is...
What He has done.....
The life He wants to offer to those who do not know Him.
I want you to go away from this blog with the idea that no matter how messed up you think your life is, Jesus is the answer.
I know it sounds "too simple." But the truth is...it is a simple as what I have written.
Does this mean that life suddenly becomes manageable and my circumstances all disappear? No..It does mean that you have someone who will direct you and guide you, empowering you to weather what ever comes your way.

The apostle Paul best described who I am and what this blog is all about in I Corinthians 2:1-5
"And when I came to you, brethren, I did not come with superiority of speech or of wisdom, proclaiming to you the testimony of God. For I determined to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ, and Him crucified. And I was with you in weakness and in fear and in much trembling. And my message and my preaching were not in persuasive words of wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power, that your faith should not rest on the wisdom of men, but on the power of God.

If you are running low on hope this morning...
Know that Jesus is the hope you need....
If you find yourself confused and without direction....
Know that Jesus is the compass that will set you on the right path.
It's just Jesus....

God on you.....
mb

1 comment:

Bobby said...

Thanks mb! I appreciate and respect your commitment to Jesus.

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...