Wednesday, September 28, 2011

You Can't Keep A "God" Man Down

John 21:25
Jesus did many other things as well. If every one of them were written down, I suppose that even the whole world would not have room for the books that would be written.

Sometimes we, as human beings, have a tendency to exaggerate. "I have told you a million times......"
Now we really haven't told anyone a "million" times to do anything. We say those things in order to get across a point. Here in the John passage, I don't think John was exaggerating about Jesus' ability or the deeds he did while he was here on earth. IF you truly think about this verse, there is a lot left unsaid about Jesus' time here on earth. Should I feel short changed? Should I feel as though we have an incomplete Bible? I don't think so. I should be encouraged that the scope and realm of Jesus stretches beyond the limit of human understanding. It lies in a place that only my faith can give me vision to see.

To rest in the knowledge that Jesus truly is more than my mind can comprehend. Jesus is truly more than what I can deduct with my senses.

Any understanding I have of Jesus, who he is and what he has accomplished when he walked this earth, is limited by my "humaness." II Corinthians 13:9-10 reads: "For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. This means that all understanding will be given to me when I stand before Jesus or, as he is referred to, "the perfection." Then and only then will the veil be drawn away and I will see in ways I can only imagine.

That is why today, I choose to live by faith.
Faith that Jesus is who he claims to be...
Faith that Jesus will do what he has promised to do, as found in the Bible.
I don't have to know.
I don't even have to see (although that part would be nice).
I choose to look to Jesus.
Any struggle you have with addiction today is only temporary.
Stretch your faith out to Jesus and allow him to strengthen you.
He is greater than any craving....
He is stronger than any thought that comes to your mind to return to your old ways of living.
He is wiser than any plan you can concoct in your own mind.
Say it out loud...."I Choose To Follow You Today Jesus!"

Ephesians 3:20 - 21 reads: Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.

Think on these things today and let them percolate within.
God on you.....
mb

2 comments:

Bobby said...

You can't keep a "God Man" Down...I believe you should write a book with that title! Or a least preach a sermon on it!

Greene Street Letters said...

A book? Not with my grammar or spelling.....I may as well write
"Huked On Fonix Wurked Fur me!"
mb

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...