Saturday, October 8, 2011

Blessed.....

Vicki and I went to Lincoln, Alabama last night to a football game.
Our son, Chad, is a coach for the team and our 5 year old grand daughter, Ashley, an aspiring cheerleader, got to cheer with the varsity team cheer leaders.
It was huge stuff for Ashley.
She sat with us until it was time for her to go down and take her place with "her cheerleaders" as she refers to the varsity girls.

Ashley is akin to a super-ball in a concrete room.
All energy and movement.
An imagination beyond belief and a penchant for a little mischievousness.
She is all girl and makes no apologies for it.
Here we were.
The two grand parents........Ammie & Poppa, watching her scream and yell and jump.
I couldn't help but thing of how awesome God's blessings and presence has been to our family.

I love the what scripture says in Job 42:12 --- And the LORD blessed the latter days of Job more than his beginnings. Somehow, I can't help but feel that my life is turning out like Jobs. These days are the most wonderful times I could have ever imagined. To see my children become established and have homes and families of their own. Vicki and I falling in love even more, just truly enjoying each others company daily.
God has knitted us together not only as husband and wife, but also as co-workers at Rapha.  I see the hand of God and the blessings of God every where I turn. He has surrounded us with good friends....
Barry Hooks, Deb Hood, Debbie Handy, Wayne Wimpee, Brendon Davit, Jeff Adcock and many others to numerous to mention.

I like the way Job's life turned out....
In Verse 17 we read:  And Job died, an old man and full of years.
I want my last days, whenever that may be, to as Job's.....
Full of years.....


God on you...
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...