Friday, October 21, 2011

The Dynamics Of The Kingdom Of God

I don't claim to know much. But what I do know......I know it. Sounds redundant doesn't it. Well, it's not.
I know that when a person has been saved (entered into a relationship with Jesus) that person's life is changed. There is a thought or behavior that seems to be very prevalent into today's religious circles, and it is the idea that when a person is saved, God is expected to fit into their life. Truth be known, when I gave myself to Jesus, my life became his property. After all, he paid the ultimate sacrifice for it. I don't fit Jesus into my life, he fits me into his. I no longer do business as the world does. This means that I am not driven or directed by the morale's of what is right and wrong based on the whim of society. The morale's of this nation have continually gone down hill. The morale's and expectations of the Kingdom of God have not changed. They are clearly stated in Scripture and we are called to make them a part of our lives. Now don't confuse what I have written as being legalistic. I'm not talking about a bunch of  "do's" and "don'ts". I am talking about being directed by the Holy Spirit in how we live. There is a difference between me, in my own strength, trying to keep a "holy" list of rules.......and me, walking by the directives of God's Holy Spirit, as they are played out in my daily life.

The Kingdom of God is about service.
It is about affecting and effecting those around us. We are called to be servants. Servants with hearts of love for others. The ministry of God's word, or the carrying out of the mandate given to us in Scripture, is not for the weak-willed or the weak of spirit. Being a servant of God is not for those who would seek to work in the their own intellect and strength. It is for those who are learning to simply do what they hear God tell them to do.

Here is the difference between a religious work and a work that is directed by God in the hearts of those who truly have surrendered themselves. Mentioned in Matthew 5:22, Matthew 26:59, and Mark 15:1 is the Sanhedrin. It is thought to have originated during the time between the Testaments under the rule of the Maccabees. It was a religious administrative council made up mostly of Sadducees and Pharisees and was the sitting council of the seventy as mentioned by the historian, Josephus. What is strange, is that Jesus also had His council of seventy (Mark 10:1). But they were not sitting anywhere! They were on the move! Healing, helping, and moving into communities. This was Jesus Christ's idea of a religious council----men who were healing, helping, and changing communities with the compassion of Christ.

Both groups were religious.
But only one group brought the message and power of the Kingdom of God into the homes and lives of the people.
The other group simply talked about it.
Which group do you want to be a apart of?
The one who simply talks about the things of God....
Or the group who actually goes out and displays the power, presence and purity of God drawing men and women into this new found relationship with Jesus?

God on you....
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...