Friday, October 7, 2011

Good Friday To You

Another week almost in the book. It has been a good week....a productive week.
Week began with me speaking at the recovery meeting at Covenant Christian Church.
Good group of folks who have come together and created a family.
Nine were saved last Monday night. That alone was reason to give a bunch of "Hoo-Ha's" for Jesus.

We have our Saturday meeting tomorrow night here at Rapha.
Looking forward to seeing what God is going to do when we gather.
Sunday night, I'm speaking at North Glencoe's Celebrate Recovery. I already have the stirrings of a message and I really think that God is going to do something out of the ordinary. Of course it could be said that anything God wants to do is always out of the ordinary. In my book, He created ordinary so He could act outside of it.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let's take a look at I John 1:1-3.
That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, concerning the Word of life----
the life was manifested and we have seen, and bear witness, and declare to you that eternal life which was with the Father and was manifested to us----that which we have seen and heard we declare to you, that you also may have fellowship with us, and truly our fellowship is with the Father and with His Son Jesus Christ.

John  is laying out the groundwork or understanding that the message he is sharing is not just a bunch of flowery, theological gibberish meant to make you feel good. John is saying, "You need to understand that we have been smack dab in the middle of a relationship with this Jesus we are telling you about." Their information isn't second hand or made up or strictly conjecture. It is the truth of the interaction between Jesus and His disciples.

The things I write in this blog are written with the same thought.
I am not into theological wrangling or trying to be some kind of "word-smith."
I am simply writing from what I know and have experienced with Jesus.
The times and situations where divine interjection has directed me in the ways that I should go.
Times where the provision of God came in such a way that it left no doubt as to what had happened.
I write to you because I have found the value of laying aside all of Michael Bynum and taking up the mandate and cross of Christ and chase after Him.
It doesn't always look pretty and I mess it up from time to time....
But there is always Jesus, forgiving me, saying, "Come on...let's try it again."


I try not to write from someone elses story or words. I try to simply share the ups and downs of my own personal journey (not that I'm special...far be it) and the way Jesus has always been there, whether I have made good decisions or bad ones.
I pray that the GREENE STREET LETTERS would be a source of hope and encouragement for you to find this relationship with Jesus. That you would be open for a moment and simply consider the truth of God for your own personal life.
I don't think you will regret it.

God on you....
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...