Monday, October 24, 2011

The Heart Of God

Luke 15:3-7
And He told them this parable, saying,"What man among you, if he had a hundred sheep and has lost one of them, does not leave the ninety-nine in the open pasture, and go after the one which is lost, until he finds it? And when he has found it, he lays it on his shoulders, rejoicing. And when he comes home, he calls together his friends and his neighbors, saying to them, 'Rejoice with me, for I have found my sheep which was lost!' I tell you that in the same way, there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents, than over ninety-nine righteous persons who need no repentance."

This passage in Luke 15 gives us a wonderful picture and insight into the heart of God. It shows the love and determination of Jesus to see that none should perish. Somehow others have the view that God is indifferent and that Jesus is merely marking time until he gets to come back to exact some retribution on planet earth. Nothing could be farther from the truth.

This passage shows the love that Jesus has for people.
He is not content to merely be satisfied with the "99"..those who already are a part of his flock. No! He is moved by the one who has wandered away. He understands the danger that is always around as the devil works to destroy those who have wandered away from God.

As long as there is one who is out there, alone and at the mercy of the "wolves" and the "world", Jesus will leave the 99 to go, find and bring back the one. Praise God for this heart of love Jesus possesses. When I was the "one" Jesus sought me and bought me with His redeeming blood, as the song says.
For that I am eternally grateful.
Seek the heart of Father God and allow Him to love on you today.
His love is a changing love.
By that, I mean that it changes me!
Jesus Christ always desires the self-righteous to know His heart and see true righteousness. He is not willing that any perish.

God on you.......
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...