Saturday, October 15, 2011

I'm Late...I'm Late...For A Very Improtant Date!

Things have been a bit hairy around here, and for someone who isn't a multi-tasker I'm sure juggling a lot of stuff today.
Oh well, it happens.
Please be on the look out in our podcast section next week, as Barry Hooks is sharing his story tonight at the Church@Rapha. Barry has finally found the peace and serenity that evaded him all the years of his using, and will be sharing what God has done in his life over these past 7 years. I think you'll truly enjoy hearing Barry's story and might even find encouragement from it.

I received several phone calls this past week from former clients who are doing well and living this new life we talk about every day here at Rapha.

Randy T.   -----who are you man? You are insanely sober. I mean you have taken the insanity of the addictive life you once lead and gave it to Jesus and now you are just off-the-hook on fire. Randy is taken on the role of checking on and encouraging others who are in addiction.

Terry C. --- He is all about doing the little things. Terry came by this week and shared with me, "If I can watch the little things and keep them in check...being where I'm suppose to be..doing what I am suppose to be doing, then I can do this....just for today." 

Wayne M. --- Going strong and working with a rehab outside of Cullman. Still uses the declaration daily in his sobriety. Oh yeah...and God healed him of cancer. Do you think Wayne has something to be thankful for? I think so.

Mark C. --- Thankful to simply be alive, Mark approaches each day with a joy and zest for living. He may not move as fast as he use to, but his heart beats strong for Jesus. I have never seen such gratitude in an individual as I do in Mark. He knows that he should have been dead years ago, but God has given him another chance and Mark does not plan on wasting this one.

Vance R. --- He is light years ahead of where he use to be. Vance has found the value in working the 12 Steps, now he is giving back. Proud of you man!

These are just a few of the good stories that are out there.
God on you.....]
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...