Saturday, November 5, 2011

Awakened To The Truth

Oh to be awakened from this life and be brought into the awareness of real life through Christ.
To suddenly be overcome with the thought and the reality of this interaction between God and sinner.
Sinner forgiven.
Sinner made clean.
Sinner now saint.
To realize that I was the sinner.
Now I am saved.
Not of my own doing, but through the shed blood of Jesus.
I have become the saint.
We're uncomfortable with the label "saint".
We still see ourselves through the eyes of memory.
Memories that scream a different view.
Memories that want to label us as liar, cheat, thief, adulterer.
Jesus' blood washes away each label.
The blood of Christ makes us new.
For this I bow before God's throne and say, "Worthy are you of my praise."
A saint...nothing more than a follower of Jesus.

Praise God for a redeemer.
Jesus Christ, God's own son.

God on you......
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...