Saturday, November 26, 2011

Saturday Update

I was off on Thursday as well as Friday which was a treat. It has been many years since I had the Friday after Thanksgiving off.
Vicki and I went to Celebrate Recovery in Centre, Alabama last night. I have probably spoken there more times than any other place, and it is one of my most favorite places to speak. The people always come hungry and ready for God which translates into a really good ministry time at the end.

I continue to be filled with a spirit of thanksgiving and gratitude for God and who He is in my life. As I tell folks, "I'm a mess.........but I'm God's mess!"

Psalm 145:3 reads:
One generation shall praise Your works to another, and shall declare Your mighty acts.
Being as how I am on the backside of 30.......
40......
50........
Well, any way you get the picture.
I hope that if you take anything away from stopping here at the GREENE STREET LETTERS, it will be a reassurance that God is the real deal God, and that you won't listen to the propaganda machine the devil has cranked up to discredit God.  Pursue love, truth and peace in your life as you follow God.
If I were to list all the things that God has done through me, in me and to me, it would take more hours than I have available. Suffice it to say that from my generation, I want to praise the works of God to you.

My generation, those who grew up in the 50's and 60's, did more damage as to destroying the concept of family and what real love is, than any other generation previously. WE declared that we were the generation of "Free Love" and "Make Love not War!" What a bunch of bunk. Don't get me wrong, love is at the heart of the Kingdom of God, but what passed as love in the 60's was a base, physical emotion and attraction.....in other words.............sex. Love did not figure into the equation when it came to relationships, because ours was to be the generation that cast aside the restraints of the establishment to live in freedom to do what ever we wanted to do. How's that working? NOT TO GOOD. Divorce became rampant................living together outside of marriage was on the rise........having children outside of marriage was now very acceptable. In other words, the devil was doing all he could to discredit and destroy the concept of marriage and family. Did a pretty good job too.

But you know what?
Even with all this mess about family and children and marriage............
God will prevail.
God's plan and will will rise to the top even though right now it looks as if God is no where to be found.
Trust me...I will proclaim the goodness of God from my generation to the next.
I will be a voice of reason, as God speaks through me, to those around me.
I will love with a heart of love as my Father in heaven loves.
It isn't over yet....

God on you.....
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...