Wednesday, November 9, 2011

There is a world within our world. It moves and rises and falls all around us as we move through our daily lives. It brings influence to us. It protects us and gives us information that aids us in our attitude and behavior.
What is this world?
The Spirit world.
There is a battle in this world between the Kingdom of God and the Kingdom of darkness ruled by the fallen angel, Lucifer.
Once a member of the Angelic legion known as Cherubim, Lucifer began to see himself in a proud and ungodly fashion. Within his own heart, he desired to usurp the place, the power and authority of God.
We read in Isaiah 14:12-15:
How you are fallen from  heaven, O shinning star, son of the morning! You have been thrown down to the earth, you who destroyed the nations of the world. For you said to yourself, "I will ascend to heaven and set my throne above God's stars. I will reside on the mountain of the gods far away in the north. I will climb to the highest heavens and be like the Most High. But instead, you will be brought down to the place of the dead, down to its lowest depths.

If you noticed, Lucifer had an "I" problem.
He desired to be more than God.

IF you read Scripture, you see that Jesus defeated the plans and the power of the devil at Calvary when he surrendered his life to death. In this surrender, Jesus broke the power of the devil by being resurrected back to life. It was in this death that Jesus paid for, once and for all time, the penalty or ransom for sin. Each day that we live, we move close to the culmination of a battle that is as old as time itself. It is through the salvation that Christ offers to us that we find the power to live holy in this world and do so with a view to the ultimate life in the hereafter.

That is why, as followers of Jesus, we must realize that we have an enemy who seeks to kill and destroy us. His desire to stop us from sharing with others what Christ has done for us. But know that God has loosed His angels to guard us and has placed His Holy Spirit in us to guide us and gives us direction. We should not loose heart and become discouraged when times are hard or dark. We should rest in the knowledge that God is near and has not lost control. In other words, it doesn't matter what life looks like with my eyes, I see the truth with my faith. I Corinthians 5:7 reads: For we walk by faith and not by sight. Here in is the manner in which all believers are called to live by. A life of faith in Christ that He is who He claims to be and will do what He has promised He would do.

Take heart this day, no matter what you may be facing.
God on you.....
mb

2 comments:

emilyelizabeth said...

I am so amazed at how much God loves us and how He is always fighting on our behalf! If we could only see what all He's doing in the spiritual realm to protect and guard us we would never doubt His love for us. We may ignore His voice for awhile and go our own way, but I'm thankful He's always pursuing us. Thanks, Mike.

Greene Street Letters said...

I get so caught up in the day to day that I loose sight sometimes of the war that rages in the spiritual all around me. God's grace gives me vision to "see" and understand the plans of the enemy.
I won't quit if you won't quit Emily!!!
God on you...
mb

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...