Monday, November 21, 2011



This is the week of Thanksgiving here in our country.
Originally a time of giving thanks for the survival and first harvest of those who first came to this country, it has now become a day for family and friends.
We give thanks.
We take time out, set aside a day where we give thanks to God for his many blessings.
For some, it will be the first time this year that they have spoken to God.
I guess I have to ask myself....
"Would God condone such a lifestyle?"
One that was lived outside the boundaries of God's love and grace?

For me personally....
When I start looking at family, I see the hand of God over us all.
I see specific events and times when God brought blessings and intervention
to my wife and sons to protect them.
I see times of great disappointment used by God to strengthen us and
mold us into the children He so desires us to be.

I see decisions that I have made all along the way that have impacted those
God placed under my care.
Decisions that were good....
and not so good.
None the less, God used them to grow me and hopefully, make me a little wiser.

Pity we should set aside only one day a year for thanksgiving.
Seems to me that it should be every day...


God on you...
mb


No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...