Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Weighed And Found Lacking

Scales.....
Fairness in the weight and measure.
Equal for all.
We all want fairness in life's dealing.
Even when we say "fairness", sometimes we mean we want it to tip in our direction no matter whether it's fair or not.
"Yes, I committed the crime.....but I want the scales of justice to tip in my direction and get me out of jail." Is that truly fair? No. But it is life none the less.
It is the mind set of people. Fairness and justice are only fair and proper when it benefits me. We spend huge amounts of money on lawyers whose job it is to get us out from under any penalty that may be handed down because of our guiltiness.
Sometimes this same mind set or belief is taken over into the area of religion and God. We seek fairness in our dealings with God, even though we are guilty as sinners before Him. We try to sway the scales by claiming to "have a good heart." I think maybe Romans 3:10 - 11 puts a spike in the heart of this argument. No one is good---not even one. No one has real understanding..no one is seeking God. I'm not sure....but what falls under "no one?" Every one!
God is the ultimate judge in the matters of the human heart.
God is the ultimate judge in the matters of the human soul and sin nature.
He has to be because He sent His Son, Jesus, to pay the price for my sin.
Because of this payment, I can accept the finished work of the cross and be freed and found innocent of the sin charges and payment.

But there are still those poor, unfortunate souls who refuse to accept the salvation God offers.
They keep playing the "fair" game trying to find a loophole in Scripture where by they can enter the Kingdom of God. It ain't going to work (yes, I meant to use "ain't). Jesus plainly states in
John 14:6 -- "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me." I had someone ask me if a person was a devout Buddhist....sincere in every way....did everything required by their religion, would God not accept them into heaven? I replied, "No." They did not like the answer and even said that they could not believe in a God that was exclusionary. God is not exclusionary. In John 12:13 Jesus says, "And when I am lifted up on the cross, I will draw everyone to myself." King James Version says that "I will draw all men unto me." Doesn't sound exclusionary to me. Every one is invited to be a part of the Kingdom of God. But there is only one way to enter. Just because you don't like the door you have to go through, or perhaps you want to find a different way, it doesn't lessen the truth. Jesus is the way to enter into relationship with God the Father.
Don't be blinded to this the reality of what I have written.
Read this with more than just your eyes.
Let it be read with your heart.
Then you will know the truth and can be set free from the bondage and penalty of sin.

God on you......
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...