Saturday, November 19, 2011

Why?

Why write this blog six days a week?
What is the purpose in doing this?
I could give you some high-sounding, high falootin' mish mash of words.
I could try and pass myself off as some intellectual guru who is one with the cosmos, trying to connect with the innermost. I'm not.
I could try to convince you that I have this great vision of the Greene Street Letters....
But I don't.

I write daily because that is what I do.
I have simply fallen in love with Jesus.
That's it.
Because of this love, I want to share it with everyone I know.
I want to write about Jesus.
I want to simply proclaim that we are born into a world that has fallen from the standard that it was created to be.
Fallen? How?
Sin.
Little three letter word brought down God's most cherished creation.
Don't fear.
God has a plan and has been working it out very deliberately and methodically since our creation was given over to sin.

I want the Greene Street Letters to be a place of hope.
I want the Greene Street Letters to be a place of encouragement.
I want whoever stops by to come to the realization that Jesus is the only and the better way.
I don't deal in controversial subjects.
I deal in the love of God.
I don't lash out at others who I think are abusing the name of God.
I focus on finding myself and my purpose by living and following after Jesus.

I am a simple man with a simple understanding of Jesus.
He died for me..
His blood, which spilled out at Calvary (Hill outside of Jerusalem) paid a price I could never pay.
The ransom to break the power and penalty of sin.
Because of this, and my giving myself to Jesus through the confession of my own sin and repentance, I am saved (Some call it "born again").
Now I am changed (I Corinthians 5:17) into a new creation.
SO here I am, a new creation, learning how to live in an old, fallen, sinful world.
That is why I am in need of direction and guidance.
God grants me this by His Holy Spirit that has been placed in me. (some say "filled with the Spirit).
Now I am following God's lead, not my own thoughts and desires.
Believe me, it is easier this way.

The Greene Street Letters has purpose and I clearly understand what it is.
That is why I make this promise to you.
God is real.
He is who He claims to be...
He will do what He has promised to do...
You can trust Him.....

If you have drifted away from a relationship with Jesus.....
Come home.
Today is a good day to start over.

If you have never known or had a relationship with Jesus....
Come home....
Today is good day to start.....
He loves you...
So do I.

God on you.....
mb

2 comments:

Bobby said...

Keep sharing your journey and talking about Jesus my friend!

Greene Street Letters said...

I got to keep on man....
Can't dance...
mb

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...