Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Christmas Revelation

I have spent a fair amount of time reading in Revelation. I love this book especially during the Christmas season. Why? Because we spend a lot of time playing and trying to make the season look like all that is good and holy and proper. In the, hopeful, not to distant future, God will actually set up His kingdom and it will be built and established on all that is holy, good and proper. I try and visualize what events will look like that I read about in Revelation.

Revelation 19
V.5 - And a voice came from the throne, saying, "Give praise to our God, all you His bond servants, you who fear Him, the small and the great."
Instructions that we will hear. We won't have to guess whether we are hearing God........whether we are hearing correctly.....is it me or is it God?   We will hear a voice calling us to the greatest worship event ever. All other such events on this side of eternity will pale in comparison to the goings-on in heaven.  In the verse we are called bond servants. We have been set free but choose to follow God all the way through this life, crossing over to eternity and beyond (if such a place as "beyond eternity" exists).

V.6 - And I heard, as it were, the voice of a great multitude and as the sound of many waters and as the sound of mighty peals of thunder saying, "Hallelujah! For the Lord our God, the Almighty reigns."
A multitude.
How many make up a multitude? 5,000........5 million? More than can be counted? It doesn't matter, except to say that the sound they made was as the sound of many waters. Since the Holy Spirit is sometimes symbolized as water.........could it be that the voices were under the influence and direction of the Holy Spirit? Maybe. He goes on to say that the voices also sounded like peals of thunder.....That is a sound found in the heavens. The sound that fills heaven has power behind it. Not the power of a choir and their voices, but the sound of hearts that have been saved, all proclaiming the greatness of God. Stand back....it is going to blow our socks off. I can hardly wait.

Taking part in such an outpouring of praise and worship will be unlike anything we ever experienced here on earth. I have been a part of some pretty powerful worship, but think about standing in the presence of Jesus.............praise rising up within me............the sound that it will make as it leaves my lips...a complete giving of myself in worship unto the LORD......I can hardly wait.


Let your heart be filled with the knowledge of Christ this holiday season.
Remember your first love, Jesus, and return to Him with a renewed sense of dedication and devotion.
Merry Christmas to you and your family from the Bynum's.....
Michael & Vicki

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...