Saturday, December 31, 2011

Sing..Sing...Sing With All You've Got!

Psalm 100:1
"......Come before Him with joyful singing...."

From Pastor Rod Hembree of the Quick Study Bible Program:
Why is there so much music in the Bible? Why is nearly one-third of the Bible music? Why does God command His people to praise Him in His sanctuary? There is something about the songs of the redeemed. Those who can sing what the angels cannot. Those who were born to die, who appear at the judgment of sin, yet seek the Savior to redeem their lives, have a unique song in all of history and heaven and earth. We have felt the rise to purity from the impure. We have experienced the elevation to eternal purpose from meaningless. For this, we sing! And when we do, all heaven breaks loose!

When I read what Rod Hembree had said, I knew it in my spirit yet to see it in print just floored me. It made me painfully aware of the times I have stood in worship services singing How Great Thou Art, Yet my mind was a thousand miles away. I do not every want to do that again. I do not want to simply mouth words and hope I hit right notes during praise and worship. At the same time, I do not want to act out of emotion or my flesh either. Posturing myself so that others might think me some kind of super-spiritual saint. I think the best place to be is one of humility. Worshiping God in the knowledge and understanding of where you could be if not for His salvation, and where you don't want to be because of the guidance of His Holy Spirit.I think John Wimber used to refer to this place as the "Radical Middle". 

I do not know what 2012 holds in store. In the past, I have written flowery words with touches of what I thought to be prophetic insight. I won't go there this year. I am grateful to have seen 2011 all the way through. I am grateful for everything that has transpired in my life over this past year....family...friends.....the Church at Rapha.....God has been good. How can I not worship Him because of His faithfulness, even when I wasn't. As the clock approaches midnight tonight and the calendar turns over to 1/1/12....stop for a moment and give thanks to God! Worship Him...You know He's worth it....right?

God on you....
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...