Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Goodbye Old Friend......For Now

Portions of Matthew 11:28-29
"Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. And you will find rest for your souls."

Painter by trade.
Gentle man by nature.

Soft spoken but when he did speak, you listened.
Such was Ewing Saxon.
In my eyes, he left this world before he should have. In other words, he was way too young to have died.
In times like this, my thoughts turn to "why?"
Why Ewing?
Why now?
Each time I find myself deep in these thoughts, I can feel God's voice deep inside telling me....."Trust me! I know you don't understand, but you will."

I Corinthians 13:12 does bring comfort to me during times like this.
"Now we see things imperfectly as in a poor mirror, but then we will see everything with perfect clarity. All that I know now is partial and incomplete, but then I will know everything completely, just as God know me now."
In other words, as long as I dwell on this side of heaven and eternity, I will be left with questions that have no answers. Not because answers don't exist but because it isn't time for me to know or understand them. I'm not sure but I do believe somethings are best understood by experiencing them. Such as the transition from life to death and life again. Eternal life. Jesus life. Heavenly life. How can a finite mind grasp what it is like? How can a finite mind put into words what the eternal is like?
I will leave this to God.

Tonight we go to the funeral home to pay our respects to Ewing's family.
Ewing won't be there.
He no longer hurts or is in pain.
He has broken the chains of this existence and now stands unfettered and free in the presence of Jesus.
I am jealous.

God on you....
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...