Saturday, February 4, 2012

Feeling Little Sick Today

I spoke at Celebrate Recovery in Centre, Alabama last night.
I have been going there and speaking for the last 8 years. Doesn't seem like it has been that long.
The very first time I went, they were meeting upstairs in a small room. It was so small (Everyone, "How small was it?") the front row was almost touching the stage. It was a time of small beginnings and of much hope for those who were caught by their hurts, habits and hangups. I was just beginning to go out and speak to different Celebrate Recovery's and I quickly saw that God had granted me great grace to be a part of the Centre Group.

Over these past 8 years, there have been some deep friendships develop and flourish. They are special folks up there who meet every Friday night. They love Jesus and they love the ones who consider themselves to be unlovable. To me the words of Psalm 107:20  are very present and powerful in the Celebrate Recovery in Centre.  He sent forth His word and healed them and delivered them from their destruction. Please, if you would, pray for Donnie and Shelly George as they lead this Celebrate Recovery. Pray that God would continue to provide the means and support for them to continue.
thanks....
mb
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm feeling a bit under the weather today. We call it the "Rapha Crud" and it is making the rounds through the camp. Pray for me, if you will.... Guess I need some of the Psalm 107:20 medicine. Let Your word come, Lord! Heal me.

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...